It’s around mid-morning now and I’m sitting in my office at Iolani Sportswear.  It was much cooler today than the past few days so I hope we’ll finally get some relief from the hot weather.  Alex is starting to work on material for our 3rd CD which we plan to debut in early 2010.  I have a feeling that this one will reflect MDNA’s growth since NO PLACE LIKE HOME debuted 2 years ago.

We’re taking our good friend, Gregg, out for some drinks tonight to celebrate his birthday which was last week … we’ll probably go to Tsukuneya, a Japanese restaurant located near the University of Hawaii.  They have great food and good nihonshu or sake.  Plus … it’s close to our home!

Aloha,

12 thoughts on “Another day in paradise …

1. reiko tokushige rogers @studiorim 11 years ago

aloha this is pele reiko from studio rim.
    we are looking forward to listenening 3rd album.
    tsukuneya, please say aloha to emi-chan as my friend there.
    please check ths cheese tsukune and niigata no sake!
    hopefully you enjoy!!

1. dad 11 years ago

Hey Reiko,
      We were going to go to Tsukuneya this past Tuesday night, but they were closed (?) so we went to Tokkuritei instead.

2. NAOKO 11 years ago

Aloha Dad!
    Did you check mail? I sent mail to you at My Manoa DNA Dad’s mail box.

Oh Alex starting to 3rd CD!!! WOW!
    See you soooooooooon!
    I’m going to IOLANI too. 🙂

3. reiko tokushige rogers @studiorim 11 years ago

aloha kawakami san

tokkuritei is our favorite restaurant.
    oh, yahhhh!
    let’s drink together next time with studio rim fellows.

reiko

1. dad 11 years ago

sounds good to me … let’s go after we return from Yokohama in July!

2. alex 11 years ago

tokkuritei is amazing!!!

4. reiko tokushige rogers @studiorim 11 years ago

Aloha Kawakami-san!
    SOUNDS GOOD!!!!
    We’ve already informed your performance schedule @ Ala Moana & the zoo in our show, but if you have time around 11:30 a.m. on July 10, could you stop by Studio Rim & talk the story about your trip in Japan?
    Listeners must be happy before they meet you in Japan!!
    Please advise me your schedule.
    Big Mahalo!

Studio Rim Reiko

1. dad 11 years ago

Hi Reiko,
      We would love to come down to your studio on Friday, July 10th, to “talk story” with you guys! You’re still located in the Hyatt Waikiki correct?
      Aloha,
      Lloyd

5. reiko tokushige rogers @studiorim 11 years ago

Aloha Kawakami-san (I like this sound),

Yes, we are!
    Could you perform one song (Only in Hawaii)?
    And we play one song from your albums.
    This sources will be on air on July 18 @ Nagoya Radio i & Osaka FM COCOLO, and on 19 @ Tokyo Inter FM & Fukuoka Love FM.

6. reiko tokushige rogers @studiorim 11 years ago

Aloha Kawakami-san (I like this sound),

Yes, we are!
    Could you perform one song (Only in Hawaii)?
    And we play one song from your albums.
    Could you inform more detail info & schedule in Japan?
    We’re looking forward to seeing here @ Studio Rim!
    Big Mahalo & Arigatto!

Studio Rim Reiko

P.S. We can validate your parking ticket for self parking lot @ Hyatt.

1. dad 11 years ago

Aloha Reiko!

I’ll ask the boys but I’m sure we can perform a live acoustic version of “Only In Hawaii” for your listeners down at Studio Rim. We should be finalizing our schedule for our July trip to Japan shortly, so I’ll let you know as soon as it’s available.

Ja ne,
      Lloy”D”

7. reiko tokushige rogers @studiorim 11 years ago

Aloha Kawakami-san,

It sounds magnificent to show “Only In Hawaii” Studio Rim acoustic special edition to listeners.
    And could you change the time of public recording from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.?
    I apologize for your inconvenience.

Jaaa neee,